6 Apr 2011

Lovely boating weather!

Our next event will take place this Saturday 9th April where we will be tackling the river Taff and its banks below Radyr Weir. For the first time ever, we will be attempting to clear the right hand bank (looking downstream) which has a pretty horrific build-up of litter and bulky waste.  The only  vehicle access to remove the waste is from the left hand bank, so we will be working with Cardiff Council rangers ‘boat team’ who will ferry waste across the river for us. This really will be a challenge so we need as many volunteers as possible to attend.

Meeting point:          Car Park at Radyr Railway station
Meeting time:           9.30am
Finish time:               2pm   (we will go on longer than usual due to the state of the site, but obviously you can stay as long as you like)

As usual, we will provide equipment and insurance. Just turn up in suitable clothing, wear sturdy footwear/wellies and bring some water and cap/hat as it is likely to be warm.

Please let us know if you're coming along by emailing us.

1 comment:

  1. What a good blog I had never thought I could get something good like this, actually I've increased my knowledge, actually I know my friends will be so happy with this when I sharing it with them.

    ReplyDelete